Raising children can sometimes be tough . . . but so are you! Don’t forget, you’re not alone; God is with you.
Tips for Single Moms
Stop feeling guilty.
- Beating yourself up or spoiling your child because you are single helps no one.
Set clear boundaries.
- Set clear expectations of behavior and chores that need to be done and enforce them. Being consistent is key.
Lean on others.
- There is nothing wrong with kids having age appropriate chores. It teaches them responsibiity. And remember, people don’t’ know what you need if you don’t ask. So, ask if you need something.
Create a routine.
- Regular scheduled meals and bedtimes are a must. So are set times to do homework but don’t forget to make time each day for fun. This creates balance.
Take care of yourself.
- You can’t give what you don’t have so take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest, eat right and exercise.
Create an atmosphere of love.
- Look for the good in every child and tell them about it. Play Christian music in your home and make every effort to spend a few minutes enjoying being a family.
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD,
and the fruit of the womb is his reward. ~Psalm 127:3
What are your biggest challenges as a parent? What are your greatest joys?